Commands & Colors: Ancients Review
Commands & Colors: Ancients is an app designed by HexWar Games. Commands & Colors: Ancients was first published on . It is currently available for Steam, Other.
Hexwar Games has partnered with GMT Games to bring you a digital version of Commands & Colors: Ancients the board game. The game allows players to portray important engagements of ancient history. The battles focus on the historical deployment of forces and important terrain features on the scale of the game system.
The scale of the game is flexible and varies from battle to battle. For some scenarios, an infantry unit may represent an entire legion of soldiers, while in other scenarios, a unit may represent just a few brave warriors.
The command card system drives movement, creates “fog of war” and presents players with many interesting challenges and opportunities, while the battle dice resolve combat quickly and efficiently. The battlefield tactics you will need to execute to gain victory conform remarkably well to the strengths and limitations of the various ancient unit types, their weapons, the terrain and history.
- 15 scenarios from important engagement of ancient history.
- Over 50 unique combat and command cards to simulate tactical and strategic choices.
- Make strategic choices faithful to the era with chariots, archers, foot soldiers and mounted units.
- Play as Syracusan, Carthaginian or Roman.
- Three levels of AI difficulty.
- The Battle of Akragas - 406 BC
- Crimissos River - 341 BC
- Bagradas - 253 BC
- Ticinus River - 218 BC
- Trebbia - 218 BC
- Lake Trasimenus - 217 BC
- Cannae - 216 BC
- Dertosa - 215 BC
- 2nd Battle of Beneventum - 214 BC
- Castulo - 211 BC
- Baecula - 208 BC
- Metaurus - 207 BC
- Ilipa - 206 BC
- Great Plains - 203 BC
- Zama - 202 BC